Главная страница » Статьи » Seasonal or long-term work visa to Poland: which one to choose?

Seasonal or long-term work visa to Poland: which one to choose?

What is the difference between a polish seasonal visa and a provincial visa? How long are permits issued and what documents are required for their issuance? This article will help you choose the right way to immigrate to Europe for employment. 

Before applying for a work visa, you must obtain permission from your employer in Poland. Depending on the permission you receive, you can open a visa for 1 year or for 9 months.

9 months seasonal visa to Poland

A D05b visa is available to citizens of any country in the world. It is issued under simplified procedure for Armenians, Belarusians, Moldovans, Georgians and Ukrainians. This document allows you to work only in companies and establishments that registered as seasonal work and engaged in the following activities:

  • Agriculture: fruit and vegetable harvesting, seeding, seafood extraction
  • Hospitality: housekeeping, receptionists, waiters
  • Tourism, HoReCa and other seasonal jobs

After starting work the employer must notify the start of work. Without notice the visa will be automatically cancelled after 120 days.

Important! Seasonal visa is valid until December 31 of the current year. This means that if you receive your permit at the beginning of the year, in January-March, it will be valid for the entire period – 9 months. However, if you received the permission, for example, in September, it will only be valid until the end of December.

1 year provincial visa to Poland

A provincial visa is suitable for foreigners who are employed by any polish company for a long period of time (1 year and more). It allows you to live and work legally in Poland and freely reside in other Schengen countries (but no longer than 3 months in a half year). After expiration the document can be renewed without leaving the country.

Visa is issued on the basis of an invitation authenticated by the voivode (polish employer submit invitation to the voivode). Consular officers are subordinate to the voivode and cannot refuse visas. In this case, the invitation is not just a reason, it is actually an order to issue the document.

Provincial visa is issued for a period of 6 months to 1 year (depending on consular discretion). The invitation can be issued for 2 or 3 years, but the visa duration must not exceed 360 days. If the invitation is still valid after this period, it can form the basis for issuing a new visa.

Seasonal or provincial visa to Poland: comparative table




Processing time


7-10 days

From 14 days (in some cases it may take up to 30 days)

Validity period

9 months

12 months

Method of obtaining


Based on the polish employer’s approval

Based on the voivode permission

Registration in Poland

If you are legally resident in Poland, you can get a visa without leaving the country

Registration is only possible at the polish consulate in your home country


An employment contract is required for subsequent stays

An employment contract is required for subsequent stays

Moving around Schengen

You will spend most of your time in the country where you applied for the visa

Free to travel and reside in other Schengen Union countries, but preferably no longer than 3 months per half-year

Permanent residence in Poland

Within 9 months

Within 12 months

Support for issuance of work visas to Poland

Our agency TutVisa handles polish seasonal and annual work visas. We can help you collect all documents, translate and certify the necessary papers, fill out the forms, arrange an interview with the authorities and get the coveted stamp in your passport. We work with citizens of all countries around the world.

Visa cost: seasonal – $250, provincial – $350.

We’ll explain the algorithm in detail and advise you on all the nuances and subtleties of the procedure. All you need to bring is your passport, diploma (if you have one), and proof of previous employment (employment book). We’ll take care of all other documents, including the employment contract and medical insurance.

For further advice call +375 29 610 44 08 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram).

Оставьте Ваш телефон и получите бесплатную консультацию

[jr_instagram id="1"]
Страница была обновлена: 22 августа, 2023
Заказать звонок